Full Stack Software Developer
This a rare opportunity to work for an established company in the fantasy sports industry! We have a casual work environment and flexibility to work remotely part time.
FantasyData is looking for a full stack software developer, who is looking to grow into a larger role within a young, dynamic, growing sports technology organization. The candidate should have a deep understanding of professional sports, fantasy sports, and APIs. A passion for sports and fantasy sports is an absolute must, because who wouldn’t love to work in the fantasy sports industry?
This individual will be responsible for developing and maintaining SQL Server databases housing sports information, such as teams, players, schedules, scores, team/player stats, projected stats, and more. An understanding of the .NET framework will be necessary to develop and maintain data collection and data entry applications. Knowledge of ASP.NET, MVC and WCF web services is also important, as this individual will be required to develop, maintain and scale the public facing company websites (FantasyData.com & SportsData.IO) and client-facing commercial API.
- Provide technical customer support for clients who are integrating with a WFC commercial API.
- Develop and maintain client-facing WFC API and developer portal.
- Develop and maintain data collection applications, including parsing XML/JSON/CSV feeds from data partners.
- Develop and maintain web-based data entry/monitoring applications, for internal use, to manage sports databases and customer/product databases.
- Develop and maintain consumer-facing website (fantasydata.com).
- Maintain cloud-based server infrastructure on Rackspace, AWS and Azure.
- Source code must be meticulously maintained to maximize readability and code cleanliness
- Self starter with the ability to work remotely on a part-time basis
- Ability to thrive in a team environment or individually
- Willingness to be available on nights and weekends for production support (remote)
- Opportunity to grow into larger role over time.
- 1+ years work experience, experience in the sports industry is a plus
- Passion for fantasy sports, candidate should eat, sleep, and breathe sports
- Knowledge of .NET framework, VB.NET and C#
- Knowledge of ASP.NET, MVC and WFC
- Knowledge of Entity Framework
- Experience with data feeds, such as XML, JSON and CSV
- Excellent presentation, writing, and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with others
- Knowledge of Bootstrap, Angular and React is a plus
- Experience in a startup environment is a plus
- Experience with other programming languages (e.g. Python, Ruby, PHP, etc) is a plus
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, feel free to include any relevant websites/projects you've built and/or github repositories you think we may find interesting.
Thank you and best of luck!